In need of a quick, easy dinner? You’re in luck! This red and white pasta casserole is one of my favorites.
- 12 ounces of bow tie pasta cooked according to package
- 3/4 of a jar of spaghetti sauce
- 12 ounces of chicken sausage sliced thin and lightly browned in a skillet
- 1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese
- 4 ounces of Italian blend or mozzarella shredded cheese
- 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
While the pasta and sausage are cooking, Mix cottage cheese, half shredded cheese, parmesan, garlic powder, and oregano in a bowl. Preheat oven to 350F. Right after you drain the pasta return it to the pot and stir in cheese mix while still hot. Put the sausage and sauce in the bottom of 13 by 9 inch casserole pan and stir together. Flatten out layer and spoon the pasta over it to make the white layer. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese over the top. Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy!